Sunday 5 February 2017

Dusting off the Cobwebs

It's been a while since I wrote anything here hasn't it, so I thought I'd pop in and dust away the cobwebs. 

I've been sewing on and off, continually grinding to a halt when my lack of confidence gets the better of me, but I did make myself a few things last year.

In May I made myself a Colette 'Mabel' Skirt. It turned out a little on the short side (oops!!),  so I need to add some length before I make it again, but other than that I was really pleased with it and found the pattern fairly easy to follow.



Then in June I made this Colette 'Sorbetto' Top (free pattern PDF download). It took me a while, as my health wasn't great and I was only able to do a little sewing here and there. I'd also originally intended to put sleeves on it, so figuring those out slowed me down and in the end I didn't use them, as it turned out to be way too short for me - oops!!! I can wear it over another top though and it's all good experience!



I felt a little discouraged after that and there was also a lot going on at home to keep me busy, with my stepdaughter having surgery on her knee, so I drifted from sewing for a couple of months. I got back to it in September though and made myself a Tilly and the Buttons 'CoCo' Dress.

It's not perfect - I don't exactly love the neckline on me, but I am really pleased with how it turned out. I had to take it in too, which (quite ridiculously) freaked me out, but was actually really easy. I'm just so scared of doing something wrong and totally ruining things, but it's never as difficult as I think it will be and this is an especially easy pattern!

The photos are before hemming/finishing sleeves; a fairly awful one of me wearing it when I'd just finished haha; and two of me wearing it at New Year - I love the pretty flowery pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comment, I really appreciate it :)